What is Composting?
In a compost bin, microorganisms break down your waste and create heat. A compost bin can handle more food waste than a worm farm. You will need an outdoor space and garden cuttings to mix in with your food waste.
Composting suits if you
- Have garden waste
- Have space on bare earth for the bin
- Produce a lot of food scraps
Benefits of composting
- Some food waste that can’t be used in worm farms
can be composted, such as garlic, onion and citrus
- Garden waste can be composted
- Larger volumes of material can be composted
Ready to learn more?
Take our composting tutorial to learn how to set up your own compost bin.